• An 'Open Arms' (non-auditioning) community choir
• Everyone is welcome to join
• A teaching choir with a commitment to up-skilling and excellence
• Rehearsals are held weekly
• Performances regularly throughout the year
Rehearsals are held weekly at the Shenton Park Community Centre on Tuesday evenings between 7pm and 9.30pm. Members pay quarterly fees to cover venue hire, music licensing costs and the time of our professional music director and acompanist.
New members are encouraged to join Voiceworks throughout the year. All our programs are regularly advertised in the local newspapers and on social media.
We also hold an annual recruitment Community Workshop Performance, “Sing A Song In Subi” each year in September. This workshop is sponsored by the City of Subiaco with whom Voiceworks shares a Cultural Partnership.
Time: 7pm to 9:30pm
Where: Shenton Park Community Centre
240 Onslow Road
Shenton Park WA 6008
Parking: Plenty of free parking.
Transport: The Shenton Park Train Station (Fremantle Line) is a short walk from the community centre. There are also a number of buses that stop within walking distance.
To plan your journey click here
What sort of people sing with Voiceworks?
- People just like you who love to sing.
I’m not sure of my vocal range
- Our Musical Director will help you determine your range.
Do I need to be able to read music?
- Some of our members read music and some don’t. We provide a variety of techniques, teaching methods and learning supports which help our members to easily learn their music.
I’m an experienced singer and I like a challenge. Does Voiceworks cater for people at my level?
- Yes we do. Voiceworks has a number of professional performers who are part of our ensemble. We also feature soloists and small ensembles in all of our performances.
What kind of music does Voiceworks sing?
- We sing everything from Bach to the Beatles, there’s something for everybody. We commission new works and provide specially written arrangements to cater for the wide range of talents within the ensemble.
Does Voiceworks do public performances?
- Yes we do. Voiceworks performs regularly throughout the year.
Will I enjoy it?
- We're sure you will, but come and give it a try. Your first rehearsal is always free. Please ring Phil, our Membership Coordinator, on 0468 853 025 to ensure that we are ready to welcome you when you arrive.
How do I join?
- You can sign up via the “Membership” page.