Vocal Ensemble Voiceworks Inc. (VEV) is a not for profit incorporated association founded by Maggie Wilde West in 2005. The Voiceworks choir started with just a few members and over the years the numbers have been steadily growing. The VoiceworksPLUS choir was added to the ensemble in 2013. Today VEV has a combined average annual membership of 70 members.
In March 2022, Maggie was inducted into the WA Women’s Hall of Fame. Maggie was honoured and inducted for her lifetime’s work in the Arts and community choirs, in particular her work with the establishment and running of VoiceworksPLUS, our inclusive performance ensemble designed for people with a disability.
The VoiceworksPLUS choir were interviewed on Channel 7's Today Tonight program in 2017. This video shows just how much the program is changing people’s lives. Click here.
Vocal Ensemble Voiceworks Inc. (VEV) is a professionally led show choir with a strong commitment to:
• Promoting the performing arts within our community.
• Educating and encouraging standards of excellence in singing and performance.
• Creating opportunities for people with disabilities to be included in our programs and performances.
• Providing affordable entertainment for our community in ways which reflect community values.
• Fostering, creating and promoting opportunities for the community to attend and participate in musical performances and events.
VEV is an associate of Western Australia's major choral association Voice Moves (WA Inc)
You can help VEV
We are grateful for the generous and ongoing support of our sponsors, partner, major donors and the wider community who donate or buy tickets to our shows. If you would like to donate to VEV click here
Voiceworks and VoiceworksPLUS are proudly sponsored by:
Our Photo Gallery: